Hofmann Megaplan Blog
The end of the MOT Exemption: Beat the rush as MOT demand set to double!
With twice as many MOTs predicted to take place in September, October and November, many garage owners are already wondering how to cope. Is your MOT Equipment ready?
The worst of the MOT exemption is now behind us as garages begin to return to normal. A sharp rise in MOT testing is of course expected as customers begin to book in for their mandatory annual vehicle checkup. But what is the new normal for MOT Equipment & testers?
A “Beat the Rush” toolkit has even been released by the DVSA to help customer and testers. Understand what is coming & highlights some important statistics.
- 40% of MOT customers prefer to choose a garage they have used before
- 83% of your MOT customers will prefer to get any necessary repairs fixed by your garage
- 52% of customers will come to you if they have questions about their MOT
These stats will quickly tell you the level of demand you can expect in the coming months.
The document also advises motorists get their MOT test done early and out of the busiest time period. It states that “By working together, we can manage the unprecedented demand for MOTs which will start to peak as more and more customers try to get their vehicles tested from September onwards”.
What can you do?
Now is the time to get smart and ensure your garage, team, customers and MOT Equipment are all prepared for this surge in demand. Have you thought about:
- Contacting your existing customers whose MOTs will expire in September, October and November? Encourage them to book their MOT this summer.
- Sharing the “Beat the Rush” campaign materials on your social media channels, using #MOT?
- Putting the campaign banner from the link on your website and social?
During the pandemic, we’ve been busy preparing MOT bays for the challenges that lie ahead. We’ve had new installs, expansions & upgrades.
These are the business owners have recognised the inevitable demand increase for MOT services in the Autumn of this year and have been proactive in getting ready.
Our ATL MOT division has everything you need to succeed this Autumn including our incredible calibration, servicing and installation services.
For more information on what we can offer your garage’s MOT services, call our specialists today on 01480 8-9-10-11.