Hofmann Megaplan Blog
With opportunities Nationwide, there has never been a better time to join one of the best Garage Equipment companies to work for in the United Kingdom!
Position – Service / Break Down / Calibration / Garage Equipment Engineer
Location – Remote/ Based from home
Holidays – 20 days (plus statutory bank holidays)
Equipment provided – Company vehicle, tablet, mobile phone, workwear
Scope – Service, maintain and repair of a wide range of Garage Equipment, to include MOT bays, lifts, tyre changers, and wheel balancers
Hofmann Megaplan is one of the UK's best-known Garage Equipment providers, renowned for a premium product & equally premium service.
We currently have vacancies within our team for engineers to assist with the service and calibration of all types of garage equipment.
You'll be joining a network of over 50 engineers nationwide to support garages with everything from installation through to routine servicing & tool calibration.
Essential requirements include:
• Good working knowledge of garage equipment
• Excellent communication skills, towards customers and work colleagues
• Work under own supervision
• Flexible and willing to work ad hoc hours as required
• Full UK driving license is a must
• Able to ensure own van stock meets requirements of jobs
• Ability to understand procedures and job instructions, specific to company standards
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, company vehicle, mobile phone, etc, and have the opportunity to work within an extremely well-organised and reputable operation.
Training will be given and ongoing development is offered, but a good level of education, ideally with relevant trade qualifications would be advantageous.
Hofmann Megaplan is one of the UK's leading suppliers of garage equipment and we currently have two new opportunites to join our teams in the Cambridgeshire area. Full details are provided below.
Dispatch Officer - Stores & Spare Parts - Kimbolton
We are looking to fill this role following an internal promotion.
To be successful in this role you will require enthusiasm, common sense and a polite phone manner. A determination to learn and understand the equipment the company provides is a must. Full training will be provided so no previous experience is necessary.
- Dealing directly with customers on the phone to problem solve and provide the correct guidance and spare parts
- Handle dispatch of all parts from the store
- Organise and maintain the store including managing inbound stock and spares
- Use Sage Accounts to handle customer records, orders and stock management
- Deal with external third party services relating to delivery
- Work alongside the service manager to field other inbound calls
This is a role that offers a great opportunity for career progression, both on the service management and engineering sides of the business.
Machine Builder/ PDI Engineer - Ramsey
Again this role requires a great deal of enthusiasm, common sense, and the ability to work well as part of a team. There are also overtime opportunities regularly available. Some knowledge of either the machine building environment or garage equipment will be greatly beneficial.
- Unloading & storing deliveries post build
- Completing the build for a range of garage equipment including tyre changers, wheel balancers and alignment systems (Browse the Hofmann Megaplan site for the full range)
- Testing and fault diagnostics on new machines as well as reporting and improving the build process
- Working with engineers to improve overall operational efficiency
- Refurbishment and re conditioning of part exchange machines as well as ex-demo equipment
- Forklift license desired but not required
You will be working in a hands on the environment using power tools and other heavy machinery. This is a physical role with a great team of people in a rapidly growing part of the business.
Alternatively, you can apply online through our external ISN recruitment portal at https://www.isn-europe.co.uk/recruitment-application/.