Hofmann Megaplan Blog
Shine Bright with the best MOT Headlight Tester: 5 Steps to Correct Set Up
Since the beginning of 2016, the regulations for headlamp testing has been altered. Due to this new change we have seen a dramatic increase in failure rates due to insufficient headlights.
It is more important than ever to be accurate and professional when testing this part of a vehicle and this responsibility extends to the equipment being used. That's why we've got some tips to see your headlight alignment tool working right for you.
Damage to your garage's reputation could be irreversible if you send an unfit vehicle out onto the road. That is why Hofmann Megaplan's MoT specialist division constantly tests its equipment as guidelines on MOT Tests are updated. We make sure your ATL MOT workshop operations run efficiently without interruptions and the correct knowledge and skills are passed onto you through our high quality product range.
MOT Matters: Headlamp Testers for the modern check
Quality of headlight testing equipment is not the only important factor. How a headlight beam tester is set up and being used is vital to a safe and compliant inspection. Failure to do so could result in inaccurate or unreliable results.
Our MoT experts are always on hand throughout our extensive installation service, to ensure you receive the best results.
To guarantee precise readings and performance you should always take into account the following factors:
- The position of the headlight beam tester - needs to be located on a level surface and have a permanent position in your workshop
- Adjustable rails - built into the ground so that they are level with the vehicle being tested
- Robust sliding column - decreasing the risk of deflection with a strong column. Also an electronic device has an advantage for more accurate measurements, over a mechanical and optically operated machine.
- Laser over Mirror - a more precise solution for the alignment of each headlamp
- Help from the experts - as part of any Hofmann Megaplan MoT Bay install we provide a full on site survey and advice as standard. Its the easiest way to get it right!
However, we can't take responsibility for any operational misuse.
Some Light Alignment Advice
There are a few other considerations that will mean successful headlight testing in your garage. Before the adjustments are taken, the wheels need to be straight in relation to the position of the car and all tyre pressures corrected when the vehicle is not loaded. In the case of vehicles with pneumatic suspensions, the engine should be operating during testing in order to maintain the correct ride height.
Quality Headlamp testing products - look for the HM!
- We continue to supply industry-leading headlamp beam testers.
- We make sure everything is working properly and runs smoothly with your garage's MoT services.
- We liaise with you during the planning, execution and the post-installation phases of the project.
- We always aim to deliver reliable headlamp testing equipment, that generates consistent results and dependable income.